Data Center Summit: Open Hardware and Software Platforms
Organizers: Ramon Casellas, CTTC, Spain; Daniel King, University of Lancaster, UK; Noboru Yoshikane, KDDI Research, Japan, Ilya Baldin, RENCI/UNC Chapel Hill, USA
Session I: Open Platforms for Optical Innovation
Tuesday, 21 March, 14:00 - 16:00
In the first session of the Open Platform Summit, invited speakers will provide an overview of key frameworks, architectures and projects within the trend of using open hardware and software platforms for designing, deploying and operating large-scale networks and complex commercial environments, showcasing the benefits behind the concepts of Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Functions Virtualization (NFV).
The session presentations will be technology oriented, and will include both the point of view of the operator/user of the platform and that of the system vendor / integrator. For the former, focus will be on key benefits such as reduction of operational expenses and automation of network control or service provisioning. For the latter, the target is to provide an overview of key projects, including relevant architectural elements and main drivers and innovation opportunities.
Speakers and Titles
Saurav Das, Principal Architect, Open Networking Foundation (ONF) - CORD Transforming Service Provider Access Infrastructure
Young Lee, Technical Director, Huawei - ACTN Overview and ONOS ACTN Progress
Anees Shaikh, Network Architect, Google - Open Management Plan for Transport Networks
Yasushi Sugaya, Senior Director, Fujitsu Ltd. - Open Optical Transport Platform and its Key Technologies
Session II: SDN/NFV Demo Zone
Tuesday, 21 March, 16:30-18:30
The OFC Open Platform Summit (OPS) Session II, "SDN & NFV Demo Zone", will provide the OFC audience with the opportunity to see live demonstrations and prototypes of collaborative research projects, pre-commercial products and proof-of-concept implementations in the SDN and NFV space.
Live demonstrations are an opportunity to see technical achievements in greater detail and will facilitate vivid discussions with attendees. Presenters will be available for the duration of the session to answer questions and to perform the demo upon request. Demonstrations can be carried out multiple times during the session.
Presenters and Titles
- Paraskevas Bakopoulos, National Technical University of Athens, Greece - SDN Control Framework with Dynamic Resource Assignment for Slotted Optical Datacenter Networks
- Mohit Chamania, ADVA Optical Networking, Germany - Intent-Based In-flight Service Encryption in Multi-Layer Transport Networks
- Matteo Dallaglio, Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna, Italy - Demonstration of a SDN-based Spectrum Monitoring of Elastic Optical Networks
- Marc De Leenheer, ON.Lab, USA - Open and Disaggregated Multi-Layer Networks
- Ali Hammad, University of Bristol, UK - Demonstration of NFV Content Delivery using SDN-enabled virtual infrastructures
- Chris Jackson, University of Bristol, UK - Demonstration of the Benefits of SDN technology for All-Optical Data Centre Virtualisation
- Arturo Mayoral López de Lerma, CTTC, Spain - E2E Transport API demonstration in hierarchical scenarios
- Victor Mehmeri, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark - Software-Programmed Optical Networking with Integrated NFV Service Provisioning
- Anu Mercian, ESnet Lawrence Berkeley National Labs, USA - INDIRA: ‘Application Intent’ network assistant to configure SDN-based High Performance Scientific Networks
- Marco Rizzi, Facebook, USA - Automation of Optical Provisioning on Multi-Vendor Metro Optical Platforms
- Ahmad Rostami, Ericsson Research, USA - An End-to-End Programmable Platform for Dynamic Service Creation in 5G Networks
- Andrea Sgambelluri, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden - A Multi-Operator Network Service Orchestration Prototype: The 5G Exchange
- Ryousei Takano, AIST, Japan - Performance-assured Network Function Virtualization for Open and Disaggregated Optical Transport Systems
- Ricard Vilalta, CTTC, Spain - Fully Automated Peer Service Orchestration of Cloud and Network Resources Using ACTN and CSO
- Yongli Zhao, Beijing Univ. of Posts & Telecom, China - APP Store Installed in ONOS-based Multi-layer and Multi-domain Transport SDN Platform with Novel TE Abstraction