Reservation Deadline is 15 February 2018
In an effort to provide affordable hotel room options, the Optical Fiber Communications Conference and Exhibition (OFC) has negotiated and contracted with hotels to provide discounted rates to OFC 2018 Attendees and Exhibitors. Book your hotel room reservation through OFC’s official housing bureau, Experient, to secure discounted rates.
See Hotel Map Guide
||Distance to Center
|Hilton San Diego Bayfront
|Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina
|Hard Rock Hotel San Diego
|Hilton San Diego Gaslamp
|Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego
|The Pendry Hotel
|Horton Grand Hotel
|Omni San Diego Hotel
|San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter
|Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
|Embassy Suites San Diego Bay-Downtown
|US Grant - A Luxury Collection Hotel
|Sofia Hotel - Students Only
Hotel & Travel Discounts
OFC and Experient (the official hotel accommodations vendor) have negotiated reduced rates at San Diego hotels specifically with you in mind. Rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Book early for best selection and price »
Reservation Deadline is 15 February 2018
Important Message Regarding Housing Scams!
Room reservations for OFC are handled exclusively by Experient. Phone, fax or email communications from any other company or organization, offering cut-rate housing for the OFC Conference and Exhibition or stating that they are a viable alternative to going through OFC’s official housing bureau, are not affiliated with OFC or the conference in any manner. While it is not illegal for a travel firm or booking agent to solicit potential customers, it can be difficult to determine the legitimacy of offers from these organizations. Those who opt for alternatives to OFC negotiated rates may find themselves at risk. Other groups report that after paying these types of companies, no room was reserved and their credit card was fraudulently charged.
For these reasons, and to support our efforts to give you a quality event, we highly recommend that you do not make any reservations through any unknown housing or travel company. Again, OFC has no affiliation with any of these room brokers. Experient is the ONLY official housing contractor for OFC 2018. They will never call to solicit your business.
Please report any unauthorized housing solicitations to OFC at OFC@experient-inc.com.
Here are some of the known companies to steer clear of:
- Events Plus
- Exhibition Housing Management
- Exhibitor Housing Services
- Global Events Group Travel
- Global Housing Services Corp
- HDMC Group
- National Travel Associates
- National Travel Planners
- Progress Expo Services
- Trade Fair Services
- Trade Show Housing
Why Should I Use Experient?
OFC strongly recommends booking your room through Experient. In addition to securing OFC’s low rates, here’s how using Experient is a benefit and safeguard to you.
- Low Rates: The lowest room rates available have been negotiated for the Event at hotels in the Official Hotel Block.
- Reservation Protection: In the event of a sold out situation at the hotel, Experient protects those booked in the Official Hotel Block. Rooms booked outside of the Official Hotel Block do not receive this protection.
- Support your Organization: Booking in the Official Hotel Block helps the Event continue to offer the best, most competitive hotel rates for the future as well as keeping your registration fee increases to a minimum. It shows the Event’s value to the city and allows the organization to negotiate better room blocks and rates for you.
- Wait list: Ability to wait list online for additional hotel nights needed.
- No Prepayment: No prepayment required to secure your reservation.
Here’s how OFC benefits when attendees use Experient
- We have contracted hotel rooms at discounted rates on your behalf.
- We are able to monitor attendance through our housing block. This enables us to plan, be better prepared and submit accurate event counts, all of which helps with cost-containment.
- OFC’s business value to a city is measured by a ratio between the total number of sleeping rooms booked inside our housing block and the amount of convention center space required. By booking inside the block you can help maintain our strong business value, which is crucial to our negotiations with cities and cost-containment efforts.
For 24/7 access to make new reservations or access existing reservations, visit your OFC website and click on the Hotel Room Reservations. There you can make new reservations, or view, change or cancel existing reservations. You'll receive an immediate confirmation of any actions you complete on the website.
Experient customer service reps are available to help you with new or existing reservation by calling +1.800.465.9101 for domestic and +1.240.439.2949 for international.