Version: 02 March 2022
OFC Management is following global, federal, state and local health guidelines in preparation for OFC 2022. This page reflects enhanced safety measures that have been put in place and current rules and expectations. Information on this page will be updated as necessary.
Vaccine and Mask Requirements
- Vaccinations: All conference attendees, exhibitors, vendors and staff must be fully vaccinated* and show proof of vaccination with photo ID. No exceptions.
- Masks: All conference attendees, exhibitors, vendors and staff are required to wear a mask in the San Diego Convention Center at all times except when actively eating and drinking.
*Fully vaccinated is defined as 14 days after your dose of an accepted single-dose vaccine OR second dose of an accepted 2-dose vaccination series. Review the list of validated vaccines from the World Health Organization that have been evaluated to meet the necessary criteria for safety and efficacy.
Proof of Vaccination
Proof of full vaccination with photo ID is mandatory to enter the San Diego Convention Center. Vaccines that meet criteria as set by the World Health Organization satisfy this requirement.
Acceptable proof of vaccination include:
- App designed to upload and prove vaccination, such as CLEAR or Safe Expo. An app designated by your home region showing name, date of birth, vaccine and vaccination dates is also sufficient. (QR codes are not accepted.)
- Physical vaccination card
- Photo of vaccination card
The photo ID must match the identity of the bearer and also the name on the vaccination card. Acceptable ID includes driver’s license, passport or other government-issued ID card. Booster shots are recommended, but not required to be considered vaccinated. A negative COVID test is not a replacement for vaccination. Exemptions are not accepted.
Additional Safety Measures
Enhanced safety and sanitation measures will be taken throughout the convention center:
- Masks and hand sanitizer will be widely available onsite for free.
- Conference rooms will allow for social distancing to the extent possible.
- San Diego Convention Center has industry-leading approaches to cleaning, disinfection, ventilation, employee training and infectious disease prevention.
Your First Arrival at the Convention Center
OFC Management has chosen an entry and proof of vaccination protocol that balances safety and convenience. Your proof of vaccination and photo ID will be checked at designated entry doors upon your first arrival at the convention center. After providing verification, you may proceed to Registration in Lobby D to obtain your conference badge. Wear your OFC lanyard and badge for subsequent, expedited entry.
We ask for your patience as we move people through the verification process. While in the queue, please:
- Wear your mask.
- Have proof of vaccination and identification in hand.
- Have ready your registration confirmation with barcode or QR code.
Onsite COVID-19 Testing
Onsite COVID-19 testing (PCR and antigen) will be available to registrants needing a COVID test for airline travel outside the United States. These tests are being provided at the individual’s expense. International travelers should check with their airline to determine test requirements before their departure flight.
CrowdRX's testing facility will be located in Exhibition Hall H and testing is available by appointment or walk-in.
Hours of Operation
Sunday, 06 March 08:30 – 14:30
Monday, 07 March 08:30 – 14:30
Tuesday, 08 March 07:00 – 18:00
Wednesday, 09 March 07:30 – 18:00
Thursday, 10 March 07:30 – 16:00
Travel Protection Plan / Insurance
OFC encourages all participants traveling to the conference to seriously consider the benefits of obtaining travel insurance. Plan coverage varies by provider, but can potentially offer much-needed assistance for medical emergencies or changes in travel itineraries caused by the same. Insurance can typically be purchased up until the date of departure.
Results for PCR tests are typically available within 24-48 hours. Result times may vary, please check with CrowdRX onsite. Test results will be sent via email.
Fees and Payment
Payment will be collected by CrowdRX at the time the test is administered. Major credit cards will be accepted.
- USD 35 - Rapid Antigen COVID-19 Test
- USD 150 - RT-PCR COVID-19 Test
In Advance of the Conference
As an in-person participant, you play an important role to ensure the health and safety of all attendees.
- Get vaccinated. Bring proof of vaccination with you. The accepted threshold for being fully vaccinated is 14 days after the final dose.
- Get boosted. If eligible, get your booster vaccination before attending.
- Plan ahead. Use the United States Department of State website to understand any travel restrictions in place from your originating country of departure.
- Be prepared. When packing, bring a sufficient supply of masks, hand sanitizer and other items you need to feel protected while traveling.
- Be patient. Guidelines and recommendations change frequently, and OFC Management will respond and react quickly to those changes.
- Be confident. OFC Management is following all safe meeting protocols.
San Diego – A Designated Safe City
The city of San Diego has among the highest COVID-19 vaccination rates of convention destinations. More than 92% of San Diego residents over age 5 have received at least one vaccine dose, and 81% are fully vaccinated.
You can feel confident about attending OFC both inside the convention center and out exploring the host city.
If you have specific questions that are not addressed here, please contact email@example.com. All exhibitor questions should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.