22 March 2016
TE Connectivity Showcases Latest Optical Innovations at OFC 2016
New microQSFP solutions and mid board optical solutions will be featured.
Harrisburg, Pa. – TE Connectivity (TE), a world leader in connectivity and sensors, today announced that it will showcase a range of industry-leading data communications connectivity solutions at booth 2419 at the Optical Fiber Communication Conference and Exhibition (OFC) 2016 in the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California on March 22-24. TE will field half a dozen speakers and panelists at the accompanying conferences being held March 20-24 in the same location.
TE will offer both working demonstrations and displays of the latest products delivering the speed, scalability, space-savings, reduced thermals, power and reach that design engineers need for their next project. Featured solutions being showcased in the booth will include:
- Advanced mid board optical (MBO) modules featuring TE’s award-winning Coolbit optical engines in demonstrations of space-savings and interoperability
- Premium QSFP and QSFP28 active optical connectors and cable assemblies, demonstrating reach, quality and signal performance
- FullAXS Mini Connector Sealing System & Cable Assemblies for easy installation in outdoor and rugged environments
- The world's first microQSFP optical transceiver and additional new microQSFP high-speed I/O solutions with demonstrations on thermal performance, rack unit (RU) faceplate density and data throughput capabilities
TE will be the first to develop microQSFP connectors, cages and cable assemblies in accordance with the final specification released by the microQSFP Multi-Source Agreement (MSA) group on March 17, 2016. TE took the lead in forming the microQSFP MSA, and expects to have standards-compliant products available this year.
The microQSFP form factor provides QSFP28 connector functionality for networking equipment, but in a smaller generally SFP-sized form factor that provides 33 percent higher density. The microQSFP specification allows designers to fit up to 72 ports on a standard 1RU line card, saving significant design space. In addition, microQSFP products will offer significantly better thermal performance than any other pluggable solution on the market today, requiring less energy to cool networking equipment and increasing the ease and possibilities of system thermal design.
TE will also be a very active participant at and around the OFC conference this year by moderating panels, appearing as panelists, and speaking during the week. Featured TE speaking events include:
- “Technologies that will Shape the Future of Fiber Communications.” Session I: a symposium presided over by Katya Golovchenko, fellow scientist. Session II: a symposium that includes panelist Nicholas Langston, Jr., senior product manager. March 21 from 1:30-6:00 p.m.
- “Optics Inside the Datacenter: Is COBO the Next Big Thing or Just Another Thing?” a panel discussion featuring Thomas Giunta, senior director, Product Management, Optics, at TE, on March 21 from 3:15 to 4:30 p.m.
- “Signal Integrity to the Forefront,” a panel discussion moderated by TE’s Nathan Tracy, OIF Technical Committee chair, on March 22 from 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- “100G Serial Electrical Links and Beyond,” an OIF Workshop featuring David Helster, director, Signal Integrity and System Architecture at TE, on March 24 from 12:30-6:15 p.m.
- “Do We Need Anything Other than the C-Band?” a workshop co-organized by Oleg V. Sinkin of TE Subcom, on March 20 from 3:30-6:30 p.m.
- “WDM in Long-Haul Transmission Systems,” a short course given by Neil S. Bergano of TE Subcom, on March 21 from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
“OFC is the major optical show of the year, and we are pleased to be contributing our solutions and expertise to this event,” said Phil Gilchrist, vice president and CTO, TE Data and Devices. “Our innovative connectivity products and award-winning active optical solutions deliver the quality, ruggedness and reliability designers need as they create ever smaller, more energy efficient and faster products.”
Learn more at www.te.com/ofc2016
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity (NYSE: TEL) is a $12 billion global technology leader. Our connectivity and sensor solutions are essential in today’s increasingly connected world. We collaborate with engineers to transform their concepts into creations – redefining what’s possible using intelligent, efficient and high-performing TE products and solutions proven in harsh environments. Our 72,000 people, including over 7,000 engineers, partner with customers in close to 150 countries across a wide range of industries. We believe EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS – www.TE.com