19 March 2015
TE Connectivity Plans Major Presence at OFC 2015 with Product Demonstrations
Participation in FTTX Resource Center, Speaker Presentations on Solutions to Optical Networking Challenges
Harrisburg, Pa. – March 19, 2015 – TE Connectivity (TE), a world leader in connectivity, today announced that it will demonstrate a variety of optical networking products and advancements at OFC 2015 at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California. At the show, TE will release new products, participate in the OFC FTTX Resource Center, and field more than half a dozen speakers for the conference, including a keynote speaker.
TE will be demonstrating the following new products and advanced technology in Booth 1417 in the expo hall on March 24-26.
- Coolbit optical engine 25G multimode optics at elevated temperatures over 200m of OM4 fiber
- Next-generation rack/card design leveraging TE’s mid-board optical transceiver (MBO) featuring Coolbit optical engines
- New FullAXS Mini connector and cable assembly system – see “TE Connectivity Announces FullAXS Mini and MXC Connectors,” also released today
- The emerging MXC lensed interconnect and industry standard MTP interfaces – see “TE Connectivity Announces FullAXS Mini and MXC Connectors,” also released today
- Coolbit optical engine compatibility with leading 25G silicon solution providers:
- Live demonstration utilizing the Xilinx Virtex® UltraScale™ device with integrated 100G Ethernet MAC and RS-FEC IP driving TE’s QSFP28 SR4 optical module, to support a 100m optical link
- TE’s MBO module will be shown interoperating with Semtech’s GN2504 Quad CDR- Reference free repeater demonstrating 100G Ethernet traffic
- NG4access value-added modules (VAMs)
- TE's VAM system
- High-density equipment panel (HDEP) fiber management chassis
- Multiport service terminal (MSTs)
- FOSC 450 fiber optic splice closures
- DLX drop cable
TE will also be a major participant in OFC’s FTTX Resource Center, featuring the following solutions:
- FDH 3000
- Rapid Fiber panel
TE will also have more than half a dozen executives speaking at the OFC conference. For more information, see “TE Connectivity Executives to Speak at OFC 2015 Conference,” also released today.
“With a broad range of connectivity products for optical applications, TE once again demonstrates its commitment to advancing optical networking,” said Tomas Maj, optics product management director at TE. “We believe data center and central office architects need greater flexibility and ease of use, and these products deliver them.”
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity (NYSE: TEL) is a $14 billion global technology leader. Our connectivity and sensor solutions are essential in today’s increasingly connected world. We collaborate with engineers to transform their concepts into creations – redefining what’s possible using intelligent, efficient and high-performing TE products and solutions proven in harsh environments. Our 80,000 people, including 7,500 design engineers, partner with customers in over 150 countries across a wide range of industries. We believe
EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS – www.TE.com.
MXC is a trademark of US Conec Ltd.
Coolbit, FullAXS and Rapid Fiber are trademarks of TE Connectivity Ltd.