Speaker Ready Room l Presentation Formats l Slide Design Considerations l Audiovisual Equipment l Security
Advanced PowerPoint Submission Portal
Deadline to Remit: 5 March
Note: All PowerPoint files for on-site presentations must be submitted by Saturday, 5 March 2022 through the submission portal at https://speakerready.com/meetings/OFC. After this date, submissions will only be accepted on-site in the Speaker Ready Room, Room 11.
- Log in using your common email address as the “user”
- Your first name will be set as the default “password”. This can be changed once you login for the first time.
- After login, follow the on‐screen instructions to submit your presentations. [Note: additional instructions and information is located at the top of every screen.]
- If you have more than one presentation to submit, each must be submitted separately. All the presentations that belong to you will be listed on the page following the login.
- For changes or updates, please repeat the steps above and submit your new presentation. The old presentation will be replaced with the new one.
- For technical support, please click on the “Help” link on every page. During the submission process CCR customer service representatives will be available to assist you with any questions. Please email our support team at email@example.com if you have any questions.
If you submit your presentation in advance, you will save time on-site waiting for your presentation to be downloaded.
All presenters are required to check into the Speaker Ready Room at least 2 hours in advance of their presentation. When checking in, you simply go to a terminal, and onsite personnel will pull up your presentation for preview. At that time you will have an opportunity to review your previously uploaded presentation file. You should make sure all fonts appear as expected and all sound/video clips are working properly while reviewing your presentation. You will be able to edit your presentation at this time. Once you are finished reviewing your presentation and verify it is ready, the file will be transferred to the computer in the meeting room.
Presentations not uploaded in advance of the conference may be brought to the Speaker Ready Room on flash/thumb drive, CD/DVD disc, memory cards or a laptop 2 hours prior to the scheduled time of their presentation. If you plan to use your laptop to transfer the files, we still recommend you bring a back up of the presentation on one of the other media. Please make sure you have all power, video and networking adapters.
The use of personal laptops for presentations at the conference is prohibited.
A room monitor and audiovidual (AV) person will be in every meeting rooom no later than 15 minutes prior to the session to provide instructions on pulling up your presentation in the computer at the podium to ensure a smooth integration of on-site and remote speakers and participants. Be sure to arrive to your session no later than 15 minutes before the session start time to receive these instructions.
|Speaker Ready Room: Room 11
Hours of Operation
|Sunday, 6 March
||13:00 - 17:00
|Monday, 7 March
||07:00 - 18:00
|Tuesday, 8 March
||10:00 - 18:00
|Wednesday, 9 March
||07:00 - 18:00
|Thursday, 10 March
||07:00 - 15:30
We recommend PowerPoint for all users but can accept Adobe PDFs. If you plan to use something else, please check with our audiovisual contact, Howard Wong, Event Technology Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org to be sure your presentation will work properly.
The “pack and go” feature of PowerPoint may also be useful if there are video or sound files associated with the presentation. It will create a single compressed file, which will contain all the video and sound files, which can then be unpacked in the Speaker Ready Room. This can be done in PowerPoint by selecting File/Pack and Go.
The computers in the presentation rooms will use Microsoft Windows 10 with MS Office 2019 installed. All video files should be .mp4 saved as H.264 format, so they will run properly on the computers provided. Presentations should be reviewed at the Speaker Ready Room to be certain the fonts are displayed correctly.
- Projector ratio is 16:9.
- Make your presentation substantive, not commercial. Limit the use of company/product names. Focus on technical content. Avoid animation or flashy graphics that add no useful information.
- Corporate logos must not distract from content.
- Do not include proprietary or copyrighted material in presentations.
- Use a minimal slide typeface of 24 point and a sans serif typeface such as Helvetica or Arial
- Avoid using more than 3 colors and types of fonts (use color for emphasis only. White or yellow lettering on a blue background is attractive and easy to read. Avoid red and green text. Be considerate of those that are colorblind.)
- Avoid using more than 3 styles of slide transitions or animations.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to licensing restrictions, the use of music in presentations, including video presentations, is prohibited.
Each session will contain the following audiovisual equipment:
- Laptop computer with Windows 10 and MS Office 2019 and Adobe PDF reader
- Podium Microphone
- Data Projector for computer presentations
- Wireless Slide Advancer
- Laser Pointer
- Speaker Timer
You will need to provide identification in order to submit your presentation and also to access it in the Speaker Ready Room.
Flash drives and CDs are returned to the speaker.
Diskette drives on the computers are disabled so no presentations can be copied.
Cameras and video equipment are not permitted in the Speaker Ready Room.
At the end of the meeting, all files will be destroyed, and the computer hard drives will be reformatted.