Tuesday, June 8, 2021
2:00 PM -
Steve Grubb, Facebook, USA
Priyanth Mehta, Ciena, USA
Georg Mohs, Subcom, USA
This panel will discuss the value of field trials with modern transponders.
Key questions for debate are:
- How close will we be able to approach Shannon limit in the field?
- Will field trials be needed or can we characterize transponder performance sufficiently in the lab to predict performance in the field?
- What is an acceptable gap between lab results and field trials?
- Can we use offline processing to reliably demonstrate the capability of next generation technology or are the uncertainties too great?
- What are the parameters in the field that should be controlled in order to allow us to get closer to the Shannon Limit?
- Can DSP help to relax some of the requirements on these parameters?
The panelists will cover a broad range of perspectives from suppliers to users for a lively discussion.
Andreas Leven, Nokia, Germany
Kim Papakos, Windstream, USA
Kim Roberts, Ciena, Canada
Pierre Mertz, Infinera, USA
Liz Rivera-Hartling, Facebook, USA
Christian Rasmussen, Acacia, USA
Mattia Cantono, Google, USA