Steve Grubb, Facebook Inc., USA; Georg Mohs, TE SubCom, USA; Priyanth Mehta, Ciena, Canada
Topics to cover:
- How close will we be able to approach Shannon limit in the field?
- How do we precisely assess the performance?
- Field trial vs. lab testing
- Accuracy of Simulation vs. experimental results
- Offline testing vs. real time testing
- What is an acceptable error between lab results and field trials?
- How do we close the gap between technology design and field deployment?
Colin Meaklim; Ciena, Canada
Approaching the Shannon Limit of Subsea Networks
Pierre Mertz; Infinera, USA
Knocking on Shannons Door
Andreas Leven; Nokia, Germany
High-performance Transponders: Data Sheets and Real-world Performance
Elizabeth Rivera Hartling; Facebook Inc., USA
Assessing Capacity: It’s in the Noise