Stephan Pachnicke, Christian-Albrechts Universität zu Kiel, Germany
James Chien, Marvell Technology Inc., USA
Juthika Basak, Nokia, USA
The bandwidth demands of hyperscale data center operators have been increasing tremendously over the last years. Consequently, an MSA for 800 Gb/s pluggables has been formed and the IEEE P802.3df task force for the development of 1.6 Tb/s Ethernet has been launched recently. This panel aims to highlight the requirements for next generation 1.6 Tb/s+ systems from the data center operator’s perspective and the expected timelines for deployment. Also, it shall provide clarity on the desired module specifications by discussing recent advances in electronic and photonic integration.
Topics will include the following questions:
• What are the needs of hyperscale data center operators?
• How much parallelism (number of wavelengths, spatial channels) do we need?
• What are ultimate and practical limits of symbol and per lambda rates?
• How will nonlinear crosstalk and residual CD be solved?
• What power consumption per module can be handled?
This panel will comprise experts from hyperscalers, system and module vendors as well as chip suppliers sharing their views on next generation intra-data center networks. Interaction between speakers and audience through Q&A is highly encouraged.
Andreas Bechtolsheim, Arista, USA
Maxim Kuschnerov, Huawei, Germany
Radha Nagarijan, Marvell, USA
Chongjin Xie, Alibaba, USA
Xiong Zhou, Google, USA