13 March 2018
Inphi Starts Production Shipments of M200 LightSpeed-III 100/200G Coherent Digital Signal Processor
M200 16nm DSP Delivers Highest OSNR Performance at Lowest Power
Compared to Competing DSPs
SANTA CLARA, Calif., March 13, 2018 – OFC 2018
– Inphi Corporation (NYSE: IPHI), a leading provider of high-speed data movement interconnects, today announced that the company has started shipping the production version of its M200 LightSpeed-III™, Coherent Digital Signal Processor (DSP) with ultra-low power and high-performance supporting 100G and 200G data rates for long haul, metro and data center interconnect applications. Multiple Tier 1 OEMs have committed to commercial deployments of Inphi’s M200 solution in the second half of 2018. Inphi will be showcasing the M200 in its booth #4013 at OFC 2018 at the San Diego Convention Center, March 13-15, 2018.
The M200 is the first offering in Inphi’s 16nm LightSpeed-III family of SoC devices that leverages Inphi’s leadership in DSP and FEC technology, including internal analog expertise and SerDes IP. OEMs and module partners will be shipping M200 based solutions in high density form factors like CFP2-DCO, CFP-DCO and highly integrated line cards based on discrete miniaturized optics or CFP2-ACOs.
“Power at the required performance, density and cost per bit are drivers for rapid expansion of metro networks,” said John Lively, Principal Analyst for LightCounting Market Research.
“The M200 family of ultra-low power and high performance Coherent DSP provides the power and performance flexibility required to enable lower cost optical system architectures based on CFP2-DCO, CFP-DCO and dense line card form factors.”
M200 enables industry-leading OSNR performance of 17.5db for 200G 16QAM at the lowest power compared to other coherent DSPs. This performance is critical to enable the large scale transition from 100G to 200G in metro networks. M200 leverages 16QAM modulation to deliver this performance, while enabling 30% higher spectral efficiency than competing 8QAM based solutions. This truly enables 200G deployments on legacy and current networks that have been deployed with 50Ghz grid spacing and maximizes the number of ROADM nodes traversed without requiring electrical regeneration.
“Enabling our customers to ship M200 based solution’s marks a key achievement paving the way for revenue ramp in 2018,” said Nariman Yousefi, SVP, Coherent DSP, Inphi. “In the second half on 2018 we will begin to see the first products in the market that demonstrate a dramatic value proposition in terms of density, power and cost reduction per bit for our customers.”
M200 Product Technology Differentiators
- Innovative low power digital and analog design to enable next generation line card density while achieving best-in-class OSNR performance critical for OEMs and operators to efficiently expand network capacities
- Supports two host SerDes with selectable 10G and 28G NRZ interfaces with 100G client FEC termination to eliminate the need for external gearboxes
- Integrates next generation client features – FIPS compliant AES256 encryption, Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP) monitoring and complete OTN overhead processing to enable highest density and cost optimized Metro and DCI platforms
- Offers turn-key reference design with a complete suite of hardware design files and user friendly software to accelerate system integration
Inphi Corporation is a leader in high-speed data movement interconnects. We move big data - fast, throughout the globe, between data centers, and inside data centers. Inphi's expertise in signal integrity results in reliable data delivery, at high speeds, over a variety of distances. As data volumes ramp exponentially due to video streaming, social media, cloud-based services, and wireless infrastructure, the need for speed has never been greater. That's where we come in. Customers rely on Inphi's solutions to develop and build out the Service Provider and Cloud infrastructures, and data centers of tomorrow. To learn more about Inphi, visit www.inphi.com
# # #
Inphi, the Inphi logo and Think fast are registered trademarks of Inphi Corporation. All other trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.