07 March 2018
On behalf of Coriant
Coriant Groove™ G30 Sets New Industry Benchmarks – Doubles the Density, Halves the Power, and Ups the Speed by 50%
New Coherent Multiservice Sled Delivers Unmatched 9.6 Tbps per 1RU, 600 Gbps Waves for up to 38.4 Tbps per Fiber, and Industry’s Lowest Power Consumption at 0.16 Watts per Gigabit
NAPERVILLE, Illinois, 7 March 2018
– Coriant, a global supplier of open, disruptive, and hyperscale networking solutions for service providers and web-scale Internet operators, today announced a new Coherent Multiservice Sled for the Coriant Groove™ G30 that significantly advances the capabilities of the industry-leading Network Disaggregation Platform. Powered by the latest generation of Coriant CloudWave™ Optics technology, the 1.2 Tbps modular sled leverages advances in integrated photonics and the latest 16nm coherent DSP to deliver new industry benchmarks, including the lowest cost-per-bit for 100G and 400G interconnect services.
Performance benchmarks enabled by the new Groove G30 Coherent Multiservice Sled include:
- Highest density – unmatched system density supports 9.6 Tbps of capacity in a compact and highly modular 1RU, a 2X improvement over the closest comparable solution; delivers unprecedented OpEx savings as networks scale
- Lowest power consumption – designed for ultra-power efficient operations, the Groove G30 Coherent Multiservice Sled requires only 0.16 watts per gigabit of power, representing up to half the power consumption of competing solutions
- Advanced programmability – programmable baud rate (30-70G baud), FEC (0-27%), and modulation depth (QPSK to 64QAM) enable operators to fine-tune and cost-optimize any transport application for the optimal spectral efficiency, lowest latency, and required transparent reach
- Unmatched speed and reach – 600 Gbps single wavelength transmission for DCI and metro applications (up to 38.4 Tbps of capacity per fiber); 400 Gbps up to 1,000 kilometers, and 200 Gbps up to 4,000 kilometers for long haul applications
“The ability to easily and cost-efficiently scale remains critical for network operators as they struggle to keep pace with the explosive demand for optical interconnect capacity,” said Tim Doiron, Principal Analyst Intelligent Networking, ACG Research. “Coriant’s modular, high-density, innovative design has played a critical role in the Groove G30’s increasing adoption across multiple customer segments, including global Tier 1 operators, the largest Internet content providers, and leading cable/MSOs. These advances promise to further differentiate the network disaggregation platform and help operators to cost-effectively scale their optical transport networks.”
The Coherent Multiservice Sled reinforces the proven operational value of the Groove G30’s highly flexible, modular, and plug-and-play architecture, which enables pay-as-you-grow scalability, fast deployment and service activation, and simple integration into data center, cloud, and telecom operational environments. The solution also enables ease of upgrade to 400G over legacy DWDM infrastructure without the need for forklift upgrades or costly and complex flexi-grid ROADMs.
“Our design philosophy from the outset was focused on giving our customers the ultimate in configuration flexibility at the lowest cost,” said Željko Bulut, Coriant’s Groove Product Line Manager. “With the latest advances to our open Groove G30 Network Disaggregation Platform, we maintain our market leadership in reach and capacity across the full range of applications, including access, DCI, metro, long haul, and submarine transport.”
To arrange a meeting with Coriant at OFC 2018 or schedule a demonstration of our Hyperscale Carrier Architecture and comprehensive portfolio of open, disaggregated, and software-driven solutions, including the Coriant Groove™ G30 and new Coriant Vibe™ Series of Programmable Packet Platforms, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Also, Tweet us using #OFC18 @Coriant
Coriant delivers innovative and dynamic networking solutions for a fast-changing and cloud-centric business world. The Coriant SDN/NFV-enabled portfolio of open, disruptive, and hyperscale solutions and Multi-Sided Platform innovations helps network operators cost-efficiently scale network capacity, reduce operational complexity, and create the resilient foundation for a new generation of mobile, video, and cloud services. Coriant serves leading network operators around the world, including mobile and fixed line service providers, cloud and data center operators, Web 2.0 content providers, cable MSOs, government agencies, and large enterprises. With a distinguished heritage of technology innovation and service excellence, Coriant is helping its global customers maximize the service value of their network infrastructure as demand for bandwidth explodes and the communications needs of businesses and consumers continue to evolve. Learn more at www.coriant.com
and follow us on Twitter
for the latest news and information.