22 March 2016
Director, Americas Marketing
Anritsu Company to Showcase Solutions Designed to Smooth Path to 100G and Beyond at OFC 2016
Series of Product and Technology Demonstrations Highlight Anritsu Test Solutions to Verify Next-generation Network Designs ̶
Richardson, TX – March 21, 2016 –
Anritsu Company will address the need to cost-effectively and efficiently verify components, devices, and systems used in high-speed optical networks at OFC 2016, to begin March 22 in Anaheim, CA. The global test leader will showcase solutions to test architectures for next-generation data centers, as well as telecommunications networks operating at up to 100 Gbps in its booth (#2813), and participate in live demonstrations of next-generation technologies throughout the show floor.
Solutions to test high-speed technologies will be shown in the booth, including:
- Next-generation 400GbE Development – Anritsu will display its new G0361A 64Gbaud 2-bit D/A Converter (DAC) for its MP1800A Signal Quality Analyzer BERT at OFC 2016. In the Anritsu booth, the G0361A will be combined with the 28/32 Gbit/s multi-channel Pulse Pattern Generator (PPG) modules for the MP1800A to support generation of PAM4 signals up to 64 Gbaud, including the 53.125 Gbaud signal defined by the next-generation 400GbE standard.
- Ultrafast Interconnect Evaluation – To accurately evaluate high-speed interconnects and devices used in the backplane, including high-speed SERDES, Anritsu will demonstrate a 64G PAM4 (32 Gbaud) BER and jitter tolerance test solution with the MP1800A BERT and MP1825B 4-tap emphasis. The solution satisfies the high accuracy and margin requirements of OIF, IEEE, InfiniBand, and other communications standards.
- Active Optic Cable (AOC) Evaluation – Demonstrations on proven techniques and steps to conduct accurate Active Time Domain (ATD) testing of AOCs in accordance with IBTA standards will be performed.
- High-speed E/O and O/E Conversion – A solution featuring the VectorStar® vector network analyzer (VNA) and MN4765B O/E module with the unique ability to characterize optoelectronic (E/O) modulators and photoreceivers (O/E) up to 70 GHz using a NIST traceable photodiode will be shown. Offering a traceable path is superior to current alternatives that use a non-characterized diode with a 70 GHz VNA and assume the diode is flat, or use of the manufacturing data sheet to estimate the varying frequency response.
- 10G/40G Optical Modules – Anritsu’s long-standing leadership in test solutions to verify optical modules will also be on display. The BERTWave™ MP2100B all-in-one test set with built-in BERT and available sampling oscilloscope supports evaluation of optical modules, including BER measurements, eye mask tests, and eye pattern analyses. It will be paired with the MS9740A optical spectrum analyzer, which features high-performance optical spectrum analysis and conducts high-speed measurements to support the needs of device and component manufacturers.
Current network installation and maintenance needs will also be addressed by Anritsu at OFC 2016. The ACCESS Master MT9083x, Network Master™ Pro MT1000A, and Network Master™ Flex MT1100A offer unique capabilities for a number of applications, such as mobile fronthaul and backhaul, as well as high-speed transport testing.
The Network Master Pro MT1000A and Network Master Flex MT1100A are two of four Anritsu solutions recognized by the 2016 Lightwave Innovation Reviews. Other award-winning instruments are the BERTWave MP2100B and MP1861A/MP1862A MUX/DEMUX. Presented annually by Lightwave
, the Lightwave Innovation Reviews program distinguishes top products and solutions available within the optical networking industry as determined by a stellar panel of third-party judges.
Anritsu will also participate in a number of technology showcases during OFC. Anritsu will be part of the Optical Internetworking Forum (OIF) demonstration of pluggable coherent optics and 56G electrical interfaces in live, operating environments. A joint demonstration in the Teledyne LeCroy booth (#1115) of the highest performance single-carrier 16QAM signal generation and analysis capabilities available at 56Gbaud will feature the MP1800A and G0361A DAC. Anritsu will also participate in demonstrations with InnoLight Technology, Ligent Photonics, M/A-COM Technology Solutions Inc. (MACOM), and VPI Photonics.
Anritsu Company is the United States subsidiary of Anritsu Corporation, a global provider of innovative communications test and measurement solutions for 120 years. Anritsu’s “2020 VISION” philosophy engages customers as true partners to help develop wireless, optical, microwave/RF, and digital solutions for R&D, manufacturing, installation, and maintenance applications, as well as multidimensional service assurance solutions for network monitoring and optimization. Anritsu also provides precision microwave/RF components, optical devices, and high-speed electrical devices for communication products and systems. The company develops advanced solutions for 5G, M2M, IoT, as well as other emerging and legacy wireline and wireless communication markets. With offices throughout the world, Anritsu has approximately 4,000 employees in over 90 countries.
To learn more visit www.anritsu.com
and follow Anritsu on Facebook
, and YouTube