07 June 2021
Corning to introduce smaller, easier-to-install cables and new fiber innovations at the 2021 Optical Fiber Communication Conference and Exhibition
The newest solutions are designed to speed deployment, improve network performance, and lower total cost of ownership.
DETAILS: Corning Incorporated will showcase new fiber and cable innovations, along with solutions for every segment of the network, at the virtual 2021 Optical Networking and Communication Conference & Exhibition (OFC), held June 7 through 11. Visitors to Corning’s virtual booth can see all the new innovations, designed to help network operators speed deployment, improve network performance and lower their total cost of ownership. Key innovations include:
- The newest addition to Corning’s MiniXtend® cable line. This 192-fiber micro cable with binderless FastAccess® technology will leverage Corning’s new SMF-28® Contour fiber with 190-micron outer diameter. The compact MiniXtend XD cable provides installers with greater flexibility in tighter spaces without sacrificing fiber density or deployment speed – enabling 33% more fibers per duct compared to legacy MiniXtend HD cable and 70% faster cable access compared to traditional cable designs.
- The latest innovations in Corning’s RocketRibbon® cable portfolio, including the world’s first armored cables with Corning’s FastAccess technology – offering ease of installation coupled with innovative ribbon protection. The innovation is offered in 288-fiber, 432-fiber, and 864-fiber variations. The compact designs enable up to twice as much fiber per duct and 60% faster cable access than existing solutions, while maintaining the benefits of a backward-compatible and proven industry-standard ribbon design.
- Corning’s newest long-haul terrestrial fiber, SMF-28® ULL fiber with advanced bend, designed for the most challenging long-haul and high-data-rate networks. Compared to standard single-mode fibers, it enables up to twice the capacity and reach at data rates of 800G and greater, at a lower cost per bit.
- The latest innovations in Corning’s data center portfolio, including Corning CleanAdvantage™ Technology and MTP® PRO Connecter with Push-Pull boot, which provide high-performance data centers with faster, cost-effective deployments and a streamlined path to revenue growth.
- Evolv™ Hardened Connectivity Solutions with Pushlok™ Technology, designed to simplify fiber deployment for all types of communications networks, enabling 5G-ready connectivity in the most congested of environments.
- Everon™ Network Solutions, the complete enterprise-grade network solution built on optical technology, delivering reduced costs at installation and over the lifetime of a building. The Everon portfolio includes solutions for the fiber backbone, cellular connectivity, and 5G-ready capabilities all the way to the edge of the network, giving building operators the flexibility and scale to design for the future.
- Corning’s newest solutions for original equipment manufacturers, showcasing industry-leading expertise in bringing high-density optical connectivity directly to the chip.
“Reliable, high-speed connectivity has never been more vital – from access networks, to cloud data centers, to smart buildings, to the promise of 5G,” said Dr. Bernhard Deutsch, vice president and general manager, Corning Optical Fiber and Cable. “Optical fiber, cable, and connectivity are at the center of all these technologies. As bandwidth demands accelerate, Corning remains at the forefront of innovation for every segment of the network.”
Corning’s experts will offer insights on industry trends during workshops throughout the conference. Topics including co-packaged optics; the next 10 years of optical networks; power efficiency in submarine fiber systems; and the past, present, and future of fiber innovation.
To hear the presentations, see the demonstrations, and connect with Corning experts, visit our exhibition page, available to registered conference attendees. See Corning’s media resources page for more information.
WHEN: June 7-11
WHERE: 2021 Optical Fiber Communication Conference and Exhibition: register here free of charge.
About Corning Incorporated
Corning (www.corning.com) is one of the world's leading innovators in materials science, with a 170-year track record of life-changing inventions. Corning applies its unparalleled expertise in glass science, ceramic science, and optical physics along with its deep manufacturing and engineering capabilities to develop category-defining products that transform industries and enhance people's lives. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in RD&E, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and deep, trust-based relationships with customers who are global leaders in their industries. Corning's capabilities are versatile and synergistic, which allows the company to evolve to meet changing market needs, while also helping our customers capture new opportunities in dynamic industries. Today, Corning's markets include optical communications, mobile consumer electronics, display, automotive, and life sciences.