16 March 2016
LUMENTUM ENABLES 100G DATA CENTER RAMP WITH COMPREHENSIVE OPTICAL TRANSCEIVER PORTFOLIO
High-Performance Datacom Solutions Target Multiple Entry Points for 100G Transmission
– Lumentum Holdings Inc. (“Lumentum”) will showcase its comprehensive 100G datacom product portfolio at the OFC 2016 tradeshow.
“Our comprehensive 100G product portfolio enables us to support businesses as they transition to 100G data links, and we are shipping in volume to several customers,” said Chris Pfistner, vice president, product line management, Datacom. “Lumentum’s core photonic chip and integration technologies were developed over many years of leadership in high-end telecom and datacom products.”
Lumentum has a wide complement of optical transceivers spanning data rates and form factors. For both client-side and line-side data transmission, Lumentum has a proven track record of technology leadership, first-to-volume capability, and relentless pursuit of cost-effective solutions.
“Available today, for high-volume customer requirements, the QSFP28-CWDM4
with up to 2km reach is one of the most cost-effective transceivers for data centers using duplex fiber,” said Sherwin Cabatic, director, product line management, Datacom.
Lumentum’s 100G transceivers portfolio
- 100G QSFP28 CWDM4: compact 100G transceiver supporting links of up to 2km on duplex single-mode fiber.
- 100G QSFP28 PSM4: compact 100G transceiver supporting links of up to 500m on parallel single-mode fiber ribbon.
- 100G QSFP28 LR4: compact 100G transceiver supporting links of up to 10km on duplex single-mode fiber. It supports both Ethernet and OTN rates with a maximum power dissipation of 3.5W.
- 100G CFP2/CFP4: transceiver supports links of up to 10km on duplex, single-mode fiber.
A live traffic 100G demo in a commercial 100GE switch showcasing Lumentum’s client-side transceiver portfolio including CFP2 LR4, CFP4 LR4, QSFP28 LR4, QSFP28 PSM4 and QSFP28 CWDM4 will be in booth #2200, at OFC 2016
, in Anaheim, California from March 22-24, 2016.
Lumentum (NASDAQ: LITE) is a market-leading manufacturer of innovative optical and photonic products enabling optical networking and commercial laser customers worldwide. Lumentum’s optical components and subsystems are part of virtually every type of telecom, enterprise, and data center network. Lumentum’s commercial lasers enable advanced manufacturing techniques and diverse applications including next-generation 3D sensing capabilities. Lumentum is headquartered in Milpitas, California with R&D, manufacturing, and sales offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.lumentum.com