03 March 2016
Ms. Sara M. LAMBETH
TDK Corporation of America
Richardson, TX/ USA
TDK AFM 15 Die Bonders used for Next Generation Device Packaging
TDK Corporation, the world leading supplier of back end precision die bonders released next generation AFM 15 for opto device market. TDK AFM 15 die bonders may be used for various pad metallization interconnects including: Au-Au, Au-Al, Au-Ag, AuSn, and Cu-Pillar. AFM 15 mounting accuracy has been improved to +/- 5 mm (option +/- 3 mm). TDK AFM 15 is used for precision mobile device and optical device die attach interconnect process.
TDK AFM 15 Die Bonder
uses a die bond profile of applied bond load, ultrasonic power, and heating over time for die attach process. Die mounting position can be face up or face down. Reforming gas and flux station option available for Cu-pillar and AuSn die pad metallization.
- TDK Clean Room Process Study Laboratory. TDK lab has evaluation AFM 15 die bonders available for process studies using the client’s materials. The lab includes plasma cleaning process, microscopes, X-Ray inspection and die shear inspection to verify die bond interconnection.
- TDK AFM 15 GGI Die Thermosonic Die Bonder. Au-Au thermosonic flip chip die attach process with heating <250°C! GGI is a clean process with 3600 UPH (including process) using a compact footprint.
- TDK AFM 15 Thermal Compression Die Bonder. In-sitsu nozzle heating up to 450°C for AuSn and Cu-Pillar Interconnect. TDK AFM 15 Patented process heat control. High productivity of 3600 UPH without process.
TDK AFM 15 die bonder provides the productivity and accuracy required by today’s assembly FABs. TDK has over 15 years’ experience providing clean, cost effective, robust, solutions to the die attach market. TDK AFM 15 interface allows graphical profile programming, I/O diagnostics and setup. TDK die wafer mapping software function is standard on the AFM 15 machine.
TDK die traceability software option provides die lot bonding tracking information to the FAB.
- Die Bonder: A high-speed fully automated precision die to wafer and die to substrate attach with micron level placement accuracy
About TDK Corporation
- Back-end precision assembly of LED, Laser Diodes, CMOS, Photonic Opto devices
TDK Corporation is a leading electronics company based in Tokyo, Japan. It was established in 1935 to commercialize ferrite, a key material in electronic and magnetic products. TDK's portfolio includes electronic components, modules and systems* marketed under the product brands TDK and EPCOS, power supplies, magnetic application products as well as energy devices, flash memory application devices, and Mechatronics. TDK focuses on demanding markets in the areas of information and communication technology and consumer, automotive and industrial electronics. The company has a network of design and manufacturing locations and sales offices in Asia, Europe, and in North and South America. In fiscal 2015, TDK posted total sales of USD 9.02 billion and employed about 83,000 people worldwide.